Compassionate Divorce Attorney Serving Flemington, New Jersey
New Jersey Family Law Firm Will Guide You Through the Divorce Process
If you left your marriage due to constant stress only to discover that the emotional impact of a divorce is even more stressful, the experienced family law attorneys at the Law Offices of Leonard A. Weitzman, LLC will treat you with understanding and compassion, while always protecting your legal interests.
Statistics say that the risk of suicide is greater for people going through a divorce, who become more prone to depression and anxiety. Not only does the relationship between the spouses change, but also relationships with friends and family that were developed during the marriage will likely also change. Children of divorce also often experience guilt and self-blame, which contributes to their parents’ stress.
Self-Care During Divorce
During a divorce, it is important to develop habits that will minimize the stress. Some ways that parties to a divorce can develop better self-care habits include:
- See a doctor regularly, since stress can cause physical illness and fatigue.
- Get regular exercise – aerobic exercise is a great stress relieving activity.
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco, and recreational drugs as a means of dealing with the stress.
- Get plenty of sleep. Sufficient rest will make you stronger and able to more easily deal with the changes in your life.
- Follow a healthy diet. Good nutrition will strengthen your body and allow it to fight off the negative effects of stress.
- Find a safe way to release tension, and don’t hold anger in, where it can turn into depression.
If you are going through a divorce in Flemington, New Jersey, the attorneys at the Law Offices of Leonard A. Weitzman, LLC understand the toll divorce takes and will provide the sound legal advice and emotional support you need during this difficult time. Contact us online or call (908) 458-9098 to schedule your initial consultation today.