Experienced Divorce Attorney Serving Hunterdon County, New Jersey
New Jersey Family Law Firm Guides Your Family Through a Painful Divorce
Divorce in Hunterdon County, New Jersey can involve many issues, including spousal support and alimony. If you own a home that will have to be addressed. Whether you are trying to reach a divorce settlement amicably or will need to settle your differences in court, the Law Offices of Leonard A. Weitzman, LLC will be a strong advocate for you.
Spousal Support in New Jersey
New Jersey courts may order one spouse to pay temporary or permanent alimony to the other spouse. The amount typically depends on the following factors:
- The financial needs of the supported spouse
- The standard of living established during the marriage
- Each spouse’s earning capacity
- Each spouse’s education level and employment ability
- Whether either spouse needs additional education or job training
- How long it may take the receiving spouse to become self-supporting
- Each spouse’s contributions during the marriage, which may include caring for minor children
The court can modify spousal support orders if it is shown that either party’s circumstances have significantly changed. Typically, the party seeking the modification will be required to petition the court and provide evidence to support the change.
Are you going through a divorce in Hunterdon County, New Jersey? Get the compassionate representation and attention to detail that you need and deserve. The Law Offices of Leonard A. Weitzman, LLC has been guiding families in central New Jersey through divorce and other family law issues for more than 30 years, and we offer quality representation at an affordable cost. We will take the time to get to know you, answer your questions, and find out what you want to accomplish. Contact our firm online or call (908) 458-9098 to schedule your initial consultation today.