Support Modification Lawyer

Helping Clients Change Alimony Payments

Just as a salary you made 10 years ago no longer sufficiently addresses your economic needs, an alimony determination made at the time of your divorce may be inadequate when examined in terms of today's standards and needs.

Often, a significant change of circumstances will allow your alimony order or judgment to be modified. This could include a former spouse now cohabitating with another adult.

Get the help you need making alimony modifications following your divorce by contacting the Bridgewater, New Jersey, Law Offices of Leonard A. Weitzman, LLC. Call (908) 458-9098 today to schedule an initial consultation.

Factors That May Warrant an Alimony Modification in Somerset County

There are a number of issues that come about in time that necessitate changes to established spousal support orders. Whether a change in circumstances results in an economic upswing toward prosperity or a substantial dip in your financial position, it may become necessary to revisit the issue of alimony.

As an experienced Somerset County attorney, I address alimony modifications with my clients when they or a former spouse or partner faces significant changes such as:

  • Changes in economic conditions, including job layoffs, promotions and pay increases
  • Temporary hardships, such as large, unexpected bills for medical care
  • Health problems, including a serious illness or disability
  • Substance abuse
  • Relocation to another state
  • Remarriage or cohabitation

Getting the Experienced Legal Help You Need

At the Law Offices of Leonard A. Weitzman, LLC, I bring nearly 30 years of experience to every case. In handling thousands of disputes, I have been exposed to a variety of issues and have gained a deepened understanding of the priorities and needs of clients in an ever-changing world.

If an existing alimony order has become inflexible or no longer adequately addresses your financial situation, please make an appointment to speak with me.

Get the sensitive counsel and aggressive representation you need to make changes to your existing alimony order. Contact me, family lawyer Leonard Weitzman, today. Providing clients with targeted, individualized support has been a cornerstone of my practice since 1983. Find out how my experience can work for you. Call (908) 458-9098.