How much will I receive in alimony? How much will I have to pay? How will my current economic lifestyle change? How will I be able to afford to live? You no doubt have a number of questions such as these if you are contemplating a divorce.
At the Law Offices of Leonard A. Weitzman, LLC, in Somerset County, I work to set realistic expectations so that you have the answers to these and other questions. Find out how I may assist you with the determination of alimony or spousal support and maintenance. Contact me today.
13 Factors That Influence Alimony or Spousal Support in New Jersey
Determining alimony or spousal support in a divorce is more than merely number crunching. Judges have a number of factors they must consider in arriving at the final determination. If you choose me as your lawyer, I will examine these factors to help you obtain an accurate picture of the matters that will ultimately influence how much money you will have to pay or will receive:
- Need and ability of the parties to pay
- Duration of the marriage or civil union
- Age and physical and emotional health of the parties
- Standard of living established in the marriage or civil union
- Earning capacities, educational levels, vocational skills and employability of the parties
- Length of absence from the job market
- Parental responsibilities
- Time and expense needed to acquire sufficient education or training
- History of financial or non-financial contributions to the marriage or civil union
- Equitable distribution of property ordered
- Income available to either party through investment of any assets held by that party
- Tax treatment and consequences to both parties of any alimony award
- Any other factors which the court deems relevant
Relying on Experience
I apply nearly 30 years of family law experience to my current practice. I understand the factors that influence this important determination and provide you with legal counsel and advice to arrive at an accurate and fair support settlement. As an experienced Bridgewater attorney, I understand how judges decide cases. If you are concerned you will not receive enough alimony, or concerned that you will be paying too much, then call me to receive accurate information as to what you may expect in the event of an alimony award in New Jersey.
Get the sensitive counsel and aggressive representation you need to ensure that the support amount you pay or receive is fair. Contact me, Leonard Weitzman, today. Providing clients with targeted, individualized support has been a cornerstone of my practice since 1983. Find out how my experience can work for you. Call (908) 458-9098.