Experienced Divorce Attorney Serving Three Bridges, New Jersey
New Jersey Family Law Firm Familiar With the Financial Toll Divorce Takes
Are you considering a divorce in Three Bridges, New Jersey? Before making a decision to end the marriage, spouses should weigh all their options and become familiar with the financial aspects of divorce. For experienced legal counsel and the personal attention you need, contact the Law Offices of Leonard A. Weitzman, LLC in nearby Bridgewater.
Financial Aspects of Divorce
There are many aspects to divorce, and the financial effect definitely has a major impact on the future of a family.
- Two households are more expensive to maintain than one. Upon divorce, the same level of income usually exists, but there are now roughly double the expenses to be paid.
- When there are significant debts involved in a divorce, the net marital estate may be significantly reduced or eliminated by debt, and many are forced to file bankruptcy.
- Child support is usually a challenge for both the spouse paying it and the one receiving it, and it almost never makes a party whole or maintains a pre-divorce standard of living.
- It is unrealistic to expect spousal support to allow a receiving spouse to maintain the same standard of living as before the divorce, unless the parties are extremely well off financially.
- Health insurance is expensive and upon divorce, a former spouse will not be able to remain on the other spouse’s policy.
If you are contemplating divorce in Three Bridges, New Jersey, the Law Offices of Leonard A. Weitzman, LLC have more than three decades of experience guiding numerous clients through the complex and emotionally draining process. Contact our firm online or call (908) 458-9098 to set up your initial consultation with one of our skilled attorneys today.